Thursday, September 11, 2008

What Color Is Your Parachute?

A wise woman a few weeks back recommended I read, "What Color Is Your Parachute". It's a book basically consisting of exercises to help one find the meaning of life....or at least steer you in the right direction. :)



Looking back into one's childhood was one of the exercises, which got me thinking.... where was that playground I loved as a kid back in Stone Mountain? I couldn't remember where it was or the name of the park,but after two hours of passing through the old neighborhood, I found it! Everythings still the same... the cemetery, view of the mountain and even the giant baseball field!



But the playground wasn't as I remembered, it had been torn down and replaced...I guess the one I played on back in the early 90's, made of splintery wood and a neat metal slide that heated up as the sun shined....was just too dangerous for kids. It's now plastic, colorful, and childless...





An unmarked burial...



I hope one day, someone will think to add the Smashing Pumpkins to the back of my headstone... :)



Scrawled on a park bench...



A nice quote from Rudyard Kipling.

No comments:

Post a Comment